With 33,000 members in 8 nations, K-Kids is a student-led community service club for elementary school students. It teaches members that they have the ability to improve their world by helping others. They identify, plan and lead community service projects.
Key Clubs are strongly encouraged to co-sponsor a K-Kids with their local Kiwanis Club.
Objects and Core Values:
- To provide opportunities for working together in service to school and community.
- To develop leadership potential.
- To foster the development of strong moral character.
- To encourage loyalty to school, community and nation.
- Character building: The ability to do the right thing, even when it might be the unpopular choice.
- Leadership: The ability to listen, communicate, serve and guide others.
- Inclusiveness: Accepting and welcoming differences in other people.
- Caring: The act of being concerned about or interested in other people or situations.
“As a K-Kid, I promise to serve my neighborhood and my school. I will show respect toward my environment and I will try to make the world a better place in which to live.”